Learning Objectives: Unit 11: Lesson 2Introduction to Single Variable Polynomials
- Identify the terms, the coefficients, and the exponents of a polynomial.
- Evaluate a polynomial for given values of the variable.
- Simplify polynomials by collecting like terms.
Adding and Subtracting Polynomials
- Add polynomials.
- Find the opposite of a polynomial.
- Subtract polynomials.
- Multiply monomials.
- Multiply monomials times polynomials.
- Multiply two binomials.
- Multiply any two polynomials.
Multiplying Special Cases
- Square a binomial.
- Multiply the sum and difference of the same two terms.
Dividing by a Monomial
- Divide a monomial by a monomial.
- Divide a polynomial by a monomial.
Dividing by Binomials and Polynomials
- Divide a polynomial by a binomial.
- Divide a polynomial by another polynomial.
Last modified: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 11:21 PM